Training as a yoga teacher is a lifelong practice. While these workshops are part of our advanced studies yoga teacher training, they are open to everyone. Each offers Yoga Alliance continuing education credits, aka YACEPs. Our co-owner/director of our teacher trainings is Sage Rountree, author of The Professional Yoga Teacher’s Handbook.
Continuing Education Online
We offer several modules of our advanced studies YTT, which also work nicely as standalone courses, online at Sage Yoga Teacher Training. These include:
- Classroom Management and Safety
- Professionalism for Movement Teachers
- Sequencing Yoga Classes from Welcome to Namaste
- Teaching Yoga to Athletes
- The Workshop Workshop
- The Content Workshop
- Teaching Yoga Beyond the Poses
Continuing Education in Person
We are delighted to be back in live in-person trainings! Read all about our upcoming trainings and register here. These are scheduled into 2023, so be sure to use the “view all” link by the date filter to see them. For each of these, we offer our need-blind reparatory and gratitude discount to encourage BIPOC and Indian/Indian American teachers to join and to accelerate a world in which yoga teachers represent a broad diversity of population and experience. If you self-identify as a member of these groups, please write us for a discount code to use at registration.
These trainings are convenient not only to people in our geographical area (Carrboro, Chapel Hill, Durham, Greensboro, Raleigh, Winston-Salem) but also to anyone willing to travel for high-quality continuing education classes geared to yoga and movement teachers of all backgrounds. To make travel easy, we meet all day on Saturdays and half days on Sundays, with extensive pre- and post-meeting assignments for students to complete and share for feedback.
Join us for one or all of these, all led by Sage Rountree, PhD, E-RYT 500, at Carrboro Yoga:
- Designing and Teaching Gentle Yoga Sequences and Classes, September 24–25, 2022
- Designing and Teaching Core Strength Sequences and Classes, October 29–30, 2022
- Fundamentals of Teaching Yin Yoga, January 28–29, 2023
- Fundamentals of Teaching Restorative Yoga, February 25–26, 2023
- Designing and Teaching Balance Sequences and Classes, September 23–24, 2023
- Fundamentals of Teaching Yoga Nidra, October 28–29, 2023
For your planning, these modules ran in early 2022 and will return in 2024, likely on a similar schedule:
- Creative Flow: Foundations and Variations for Teaching Vinyasa Yoga with Alexandra DeSiato at Carrboro Yoga, January 29–30, 2022
- Language Refinement: Clear Communication in Class with Sage Rountree at Carrboro Yoga, February 26–27, 2022
- Teaching Yoga Beyond the Poses: Theming Inspiring Yoga Classes with Sage Rountree and Alexandra DeSiato at Carrboro Yoga, March 26–27, 2022