Welcome! We are excited to connect with you.
Yoga can be the perfect way to move and center during uncertain times—and to move yourself into a new normal. It’s all about finding the right balance between effort and ease.
You might have to try a few different classes and teachers to find the sweet spot. It’s OK to play Goldilocks, so you can find the right fit for you to achieve balance. Explore our two locations in Carrboro and Durham and try classes that are outside of your usual taste. You might be surprised to find they are just the thing to bring you balance.
We are happy to save you some trial and error by making personalized recommendations! Book a quick call or video chat with our concierge Christine, who will do her best to help you find the right fit off the bat.
New Student Intro Special
Our new student intro special is the perfect starting point. It gives you 21 days to explore our locations and our schedule, all for only $60—the price of fewer than three drop-in classes. When you sign up for the intro, we’ll check in with you to offer personalized assistance in finding a good fit.
We aim to make yoga and mindful living accessible and even fun—we were all new once, too! Join us to find better balance and connection.
Try Our Yoga Basics Series
Want a systematic approach to learning yoga from the ground up? Try Roots and Wings: Fundamentals and Next Steps, our yoga basics series. We meet at Carrboro Yoga for six weeks in a small group to cover the basics, and you’ll also get a six-week unlimited membership to explore our full schedule and both locations. We’ll suggest classes, homework, and practices to do at home, and we will answer all your questions about how to find the right poses and yoga for you.
Our November 2021 session is now enrolling!
Start Where You Are
We know the number-one factor for students choosing a class is schedule. Don’t be shy to come try any class that suits your availability. Let the teacher know you’re new and we’ll take special care to look out for you. Yoga for Daily Life is a good entry point for everyone.
Before Your First Class
We know starting something new, or even just visiting a new studio, can be intimidating. We want you to have the best experience possible! Here are a few tips for your first class:
- Be sure to sign up online at least one hour before class starts. You can do that here.
- Budget some extra time to arrive and park on your first visit. Arriving early is a sweet way to show respect for your classmates, your teacher, and your own practice. To protect the integrity of the class that’s underway, our front door locks at class start time and we don’t accommodate late arrivals. We have directions about parking here:
- If you have a mat, bring it; if not, no worries. We have mats you can borrow.
- Dress comfortably. Light sweatpants, leggings, or athletic shorts with a fitted inner layer are good on bottom. A tank or semi-fitted T-shirt is good on top. (Oversized tees can slide around and bunch up on your face when you fold forward, so choose something that won’t slip when you’re partly upside down, or plan to tuck your shirt in to your waistband.)
- Bring layers, so you can add/subtract as you go. Don’t worry: we keep shirts on the whole time! You are more likely to get too cool by the end than too warm. A sweatshirt and socks might help.
- Don’t forget your sense of humor. You don’t have to know it all! And you don’t have to know anything to get started, other than where your limits are. Our teachers will not only respect but applaud you for taking breaks or resting as needed. Remember: we were all new once, too.
Want more tips? Click this button to sign up and we will immediately send you our Definitive Guide to Conquering Your First (or Next) Yoga Class!
Practice Right Now at Home
We have dozens of online classes professionally recorded at our studio, all available at Yoga Vibes. While it’s a separate business from the studio (meaning pass cards don’t apply), it’s a great way for you to gain familiarity with yoga and our instructors on your own pace and schedule. Start here. If you like it and want to commit, the code sagevibes will save you 25 percent on an annual subscription. Home practice is a great complement to taking classes in the studio—just like home cooking is a balance to eating out.